Need structure? Want to find camaraderie? Tired of writing in solitude? Join our virtual office space. At TPR someone is always in the cubicle next to you.

Here's how the practice room works:

First of all, EVERYONE IS WELCOME!

At the given date and time (weekly schedule posted below), meet at post 1. It appears 30 minutes in advance of the hour (barring unusual circumstances), giving us a chance to set our goals in the comments. Declare your goal. Work toward furthering your project; word counting, revision, or whatever it needs - you decide.

Post 2: WE ARE UNPLUGGED! announces our hour. During that time, we write! The rules: no procrastinations. Please feel free to make tea or stand on your head as needed.

When the time is up, Post 3 appears with a chat box and we will get a chance to converse, or you can comment old-style to tell us what you got done! We are dying to know!

Read about a typical first time here. I make the schedule every Sunday. It will remain up in the side bar until I post the next week's schedule (feel free to make requests for particular times in the comments - I take them into serious consideration). All additions will be noted in in the side bar. Come back and check it often. (The schedule times are listed in Eastern Time Zone but the blog posts in Central - Tina's time zone. Our visitors are from all over the map.)

Please email me with questions, comments, or just to introduce yourself! tina dot laurel at gmail dot com

Don't forget to sign the guestbook at the bottom of the page!


Apr 22, 2010

Post 1: Unpluggage Begins 12 eastern

What will you be working on? Tell us in the comments.

12 comments:

  1. Going back to Chapter one. Looking forward to reading all the way through based on my new perspective on chapter one. Perhaps I have a new understanding of what is going on in my own book and that will provide some clarity for this whole revision? Perhaps not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, don't say perhaps not!! Its amazing what you find when you go back and read!! I just re-read mine yesterday, and found a bit of backstory that makes EVERYTHING come full circle!!

    Okay, today, I'm FORCING myself to finish the scene I've been working on all week. Its only a tiny scene, so I don't know why it is such a challenge, but I need to move on!

    And hopefully after that, I can begin my next scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! about the back story. Isn't it great that you have to head back in again in order to find those things?? Good goal, Marisa!! Looking forward to seeing how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it its funny. My character lacked motivation and I never knew why until I went back to read my previous chapters and then it all made sense!

    Woohoo... just got the girls set up with snacks and kids nature programs and I'm ready to go!! Before these Practice Room sessions, I never typed in the morning, because my brain was always too groggy (even after coffee). Now I feel like I can type any time of day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to work on a critique today. What do you think, Marisa?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeeks, Jon.

    and YAY, you're here! I'm listening to The Postal Service as my inspiration music today!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous, Marisa. Did that come from Heather's past unplugging goals?? She did those paras on motivation. Too cool. I think you could write with your hands tied behind your back.

    Put sparkle into it, J! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It didn't, Tina... it was unexpected. Just read my previous chapters and all of a sudden, I knew what was missing. Love those moments!

    and SPARKLE! Yay!

    Okay, off to write!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will be writing a chapter for my middle grade! I can't do a full hour, but thanks for getting my butt in gear for a bit!

    ReplyDelete