Need structure? Want to find camaraderie? Tired of writing in solitude? Join our virtual office space. At TPR someone is always in the cubicle next to you.

Here's how the practice room works:

First of all, EVERYONE IS WELCOME!

At the given date and time (weekly schedule posted below), meet at post 1. It appears 30 minutes in advance of the hour (barring unusual circumstances), giving us a chance to set our goals in the comments. Declare your goal. Work toward furthering your project; word counting, revision, or whatever it needs - you decide.

Post 2: WE ARE UNPLUGGED! announces our hour. During that time, we write! The rules: no procrastinations. Please feel free to make tea or stand on your head as needed.

When the time is up, Post 3 appears with a chat box and we will get a chance to converse, or you can comment old-style to tell us what you got done! We are dying to know!

Read about a typical first time here. I make the schedule every Sunday. It will remain up in the side bar until I post the next week's schedule (feel free to make requests for particular times in the comments - I take them into serious consideration). All additions will be noted in in the side bar. Come back and check it often. (The schedule times are listed in Eastern Time Zone but the blog posts in Central - Tina's time zone. Our visitors are from all over the map.)

Please email me with questions, comments, or just to introduce yourself! tina dot laurel at gmail dot com

Don't forget to sign the guestbook at the bottom of the page!


Apr 28, 2010

Post 1: Unpluggage Begins 5 eastern

What will you be working on? Tell us in the comments.

13 comments:

  1. I am going to try to write. The kids will be rolling in the door but most likely they will roll back out again because it is a beautiful day and I will be ignoring them. I am going to work on those beginning chapters again. Back on chapter 2 until this thread is woven in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just realized I only have two more days to get my application in the mail for my region's SCBWI-LA conference grant. Sooo, I'll be working on the MS I've been avoiding. It's worth a shot. I need a first page I can stand to send.

    : /

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea, Casey. Do something to trick your brain when you do it. Write a ugly first draft that you are going to throw away, as fast as you can. And write it from your alter ego!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah!! I very nearly missed it! My kids are making me nuts... but I'm going to try to flesh out the scene I word-vomited the other day. Its a mess, and I might not get a lot done, but anything is better than nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GL Case and T. I am going to spend more time on Justin and the scene where I spend two pages on him throwing up. It's really quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to try to work on my new first chapter which used to be later on in the book. But my kids are super ROWDY so we'll see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Tina. Good luck to you!

    Hi Heather! Hope you get some good revision or writing in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I'm late and can only stay for a few minutes, but here I go! I'm going to get in 300 words. I swear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alright, I am off to word-vomit about vomiting. I think Elana is the coolest person ever for coining 'word-vomit'.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elana, you are also fast. Go girl! You are amazing. I want to hear all about it later.

    ReplyDelete
  11. SHIT Computer problems today AND yesterday...hubby did something but he says we couldn't load the page...

    Am working on an outline for a 2nd masterpiece...ha. This includespigs and spiders though so it's much more interesting...

    HI GUYS!

    ReplyDelete