Need structure? Want to find camaraderie? Tired of writing in solitude? Join our virtual office space. At TPR someone is always in the cubicle next to you.

Here's how the practice room works:

First of all, EVERYONE IS WELCOME!

At the given date and time (weekly schedule posted below), meet at post 1. It appears 30 minutes in advance of the hour (barring unusual circumstances), giving us a chance to set our goals in the comments. Declare your goal. Work toward furthering your project; word counting, revision, or whatever it needs - you decide.

Post 2: WE ARE UNPLUGGED! announces our hour. During that time, we write! The rules: no procrastinations. Please feel free to make tea or stand on your head as needed.

When the time is up, Post 3 appears with a chat box and we will get a chance to converse, or you can comment old-style to tell us what you got done! We are dying to know!

Read about a typical first time here. I make the schedule every Sunday. It will remain up in the side bar until I post the next week's schedule (feel free to make requests for particular times in the comments - I take them into serious consideration). All additions will be noted in in the side bar. Come back and check it often. (The schedule times are listed in Eastern Time Zone but the blog posts in Central - Tina's time zone. Our visitors are from all over the map.)

Please email me with questions, comments, or just to introduce yourself! tina dot laurel at gmail dot com

Don't forget to sign the guestbook at the bottom of the page!


Apr 19, 2010

Unpluggage begins at 12 Eastern.

Please set your goals in the comments! What are you going to work on?

13 comments:

  1. I am reconstructing the 40 pages of my MS so that the story starts to line up. I will create two new chapters by rearranging Justin's story and I will cut a chunk of Scottie's story that I think cheapens the book. I am keeping the original in case my new version sucks a big one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to re-acclimate to my wip because I have not written a word all weekend! well a word of it anyway. Maybe I will start with a big piece of BUMWAD and draw one of my ridiculous maps first. I like how it loosens me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After re-working my story goals during last week's Unpluggage, I ended up cutting a few scenes (and by that, I mean aprox 40k). My goal for today, is to look at the scenes I have kept, and fix the bits that don't work anymore because of the cut scenes.

    If there is time left, I'll begin practicing on my next scene. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, is that Jon I see? YAY!! You're here!

    Tina - I need to figure out how to map... I like that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So when we return and the Reconvention post posts, there should be a chat roll on it. If you have any trouble. Let me know in comments and I will try to fix it. I think it will be a fun way to get back together. But I like how our old comments are there for posterity. I am hoping to post some version of our chat, just to have evidence of our wok. Just to let you all know! I will probably just repost it in the same post as an update. Hope that gobblty gook makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am totally excited about your next hours intentions! This will be fun. How are the kids, Marisa??

    ReplyDelete
  7. A chat roll... how cool!!

    And the kids are good :) I'm about to get them set up with a show... I'm having them get all their demands out of the way now, so I can have free time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, to time that is. This is good practice for them too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, Little Einsteins is on, my coffee is next to me, the snacks have been doled out and its unpluggage time in 3... 2.... 1...

    Good luck EVERYONE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, we are off! See you when we return!!

    ReplyDelete