Need structure? Want to find camaraderie? Tired of writing in solitude? Join our virtual office space. At TPR someone is always in the cubicle next to you.

Here's how the practice room works:

First of all, EVERYONE IS WELCOME!

At the given date and time (weekly schedule posted below), meet at post 1. It appears 30 minutes in advance of the hour (barring unusual circumstances), giving us a chance to set our goals in the comments. Declare your goal. Work toward furthering your project; word counting, revision, or whatever it needs - you decide.

Post 2: WE ARE UNPLUGGED! announces our hour. During that time, we write! The rules: no procrastinations. Please feel free to make tea or stand on your head as needed.

When the time is up, Post 3 appears with a chat box and we will get a chance to converse, or you can comment old-style to tell us what you got done! We are dying to know!

Read about a typical first time here. I make the schedule every Sunday. It will remain up in the side bar until I post the next week's schedule (feel free to make requests for particular times in the comments - I take them into serious consideration). All additions will be noted in in the side bar. Come back and check it often. (The schedule times are listed in Eastern Time Zone but the blog posts in Central - Tina's time zone. Our visitors are from all over the map.)

Please email me with questions, comments, or just to introduce yourself! tina dot laurel at gmail dot com

Don't forget to sign the guestbook at the bottom of the page!


May 27, 2010

Post 1: Unpluggage Begins 10 PM eastern

What will you be working on? Tell us in the comments.

22 comments:

  1. Hey, my first time here. I saw Jon's tweet and remembered that my writing time on Th. coincided with your practice room hours. So here I am getting started. My goal is to write ch 4 of a new humorous mg mystery I'm working on. B/c I need to laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jon and Laura!!

    Okay, so after reading over and mooping for days, I'm ready to move on and get this freakin' book finished already. So, on with Chapter 19!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are we allowed to start early? :) B/c I might need more than an hour to finish a chapter, depending on how the humor muse feels tonight. I'm kinda tired b/c I got in 2K words earlier on my other novel (that makes me cry not laugh)so it will either flow fast or I'll stare blankly at the words chapter 4.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm here, but I don't know how productive I can be this late. It was an exhausting day--my daughter had her big end of year preschool party, lots of tears since the teachers are retiring, and my son had a baseball game, and a few of kids are still not in bed. Although, I should be. But I'm here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jon, Laura, and Marisa!!!! I'm here, getting started now since I'll have to get the kids ready for bed midway though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura--follow your muse. Go, get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *through*

    Hi Heather!! Sounds like a busy day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, Laura, Marisa and Jon. Great to see you all! I am going to continue writing that short story I started earlier today. That is, if I can focus! My house guest is making ice cream and the music is blaring.

    I hope you already started Laura, all is fair in the practice room. Thanks for tweeting J!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope that ice cream gets passed around. What flavor?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Casey and Heather!!! Fantabulous! This is some serious mental power we are conjoining.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I already fell asleep trying to read. So maybe with writing it will be different. Um, let me check my email quick. Kidding.

    This is late. And I can't always write this time of night.

    End of year parties *sniff sniff* My daughter will leave her elementary years behind her in just a few short weeks. Waaa! Preschool is a big milestone too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Serious frozen yogurt I guess--for the lactose intolerant!! J!

    ReplyDelete
  13. okay. minimizing. Off to write. See you in an hour and 5 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Laura, I love this end of year party--the kids sing and dance to What a Wonderful World, and we all cry anyway. It's super cute. And this was the last of the last... *tearing up* :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Look at all of this action in the comments! I almost had to skip tonight so I could pack to go to Iowa tomorrow, but just got word I am not leaving until Saturday morning! I'm a bit relieved. I've had a very rushed day. So I will be working on my mg. Looking forward to chatting with you all on the chat roll.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha, the world is busy, Practice room and all over. Good luck everyone!

    ReplyDelete