Need structure? Want to find camaraderie? Tired of writing in solitude? Join our virtual office space. At TPR someone is always in the cubicle next to you.

Here's how the practice room works:

First of all, EVERYONE IS WELCOME!

At the given date and time (weekly schedule posted below), meet at post 1. It appears 30 minutes in advance of the hour (barring unusual circumstances), giving us a chance to set our goals in the comments. Declare your goal. Work toward furthering your project; word counting, revision, or whatever it needs - you decide.

Post 2: WE ARE UNPLUGGED! announces our hour. During that time, we write! The rules: no procrastinations. Please feel free to make tea or stand on your head as needed.

When the time is up, Post 3 appears with a chat box and we will get a chance to converse, or you can comment old-style to tell us what you got done! We are dying to know!

Read about a typical first time here. I make the schedule every Sunday. It will remain up in the side bar until I post the next week's schedule (feel free to make requests for particular times in the comments - I take them into serious consideration). All additions will be noted in in the side bar. Come back and check it often. (The schedule times are listed in Eastern Time Zone but the blog posts in Central - Tina's time zone. Our visitors are from all over the map.)

Please email me with questions, comments, or just to introduce yourself! tina dot laurel at gmail dot com

Don't forget to sign the guestbook at the bottom of the page!


May 20, 2010

Post 1: Unpluggage Begins 11 eastern

What will you be working on? Tell us in the comments.

32 comments:

  1. OMG, thank goodness we're not setting specific goals! If I had to write one more time what I'm working on, I would have run away SCREAMING! (Just out of sheer frustration that I'm still doing the same thing.) This way is so much better.

    me four.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO BIG, PEOPLE!!! (Evidently, I'm cheerleading today.) Oh, and everyone is sharing embarrassing moments over at Shelley's Market My Words blog. (If you want to read about my run-in with the COPS!) http://faeriality.blogspot.com/2010/05/official-cinderella-society-blog-tour.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, H! I so do! Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so heather, what will you be working on today :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, one thing that being face to face with an agent at the NESCBWI conference did for me was make me be able to TASTE the next step on the road toward publication. LET'S POLISH THIS CRAP UP SO WE CAN GET AGENTS, PEOPLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Kate--good thing you're too far away for me to ring your neck!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in a competitive mood today, PEOPLE (for some reason I'm enjoying calling you guys that today--friends would be so much more appropriate, but it's just my mood, evidently.) So, WHO'S GOING TO CHALLENGE ME TO SOMETHING???? I DARE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. C'MON, JON, KATE, AND TINA--YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. if we are up for a challenge, i can't spend the next 10 minutes trying to figure out how to spell the word i want to use. so can one of you tell me how to spell segway (the connection between to topics of conversation, not the dorky transport devise)

    ReplyDelete
  10. segue way, I think. Or segue-way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. although, boy does that look wrong. I hate spelling. Thank goodness for spell check.

    ReplyDelete
  12. And, Kate, I think practice room rules require incorrect spelling for everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where did all these comments come from?! See ya in an hour. I've got James Blunt blaring and the dogs are asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  14. JON SO DID NOT NOT CHALLENGE ME?!!! WIMP!!! YES, I"M CALLING YOU OUT, J!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I challenge you to write how many words? 1000 words of pure unadulterated crap. Craptastic Crap!

    ReplyDelete
  16. J, you are a geek! You should see those ridiculous tours here in MPLS.

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks heather. according to my spell check segue way is a word. now do you want to have a competition to see who can write the most words in the next hour?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tina--I'll see your 1000 words. AWESOME!! I can't wait to see what Kate comes up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kay, hour guysees, it's going to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Seque is a word, who doesn't thin so?!

    ReplyDelete
  21. PERFECT, KATE. MOST WORDS, IT IS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. ON YOUR MARK GET SET GO!!!! sorry, T for hijacking your splendid unplug. be back in an hour, PEOPLE!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Apologies???!!! No, this is fan-*swear word*-tastic.

    ReplyDelete
  24. O M G!!!!!

    WHAT THE HELLLLLLL DID I MISS OUT ON TODAY??????

    And I really needed it but was too late!

    HEATHER - YOU. ARE. SCARY! ARE YOU POSSESSED OR TOO MUCH COLA....OR SOMETHING????????

    ReplyDelete
  25. OH - and for the record - I think you being arrested and put in jail with your friend should have won Shelli's competition.....ha, if you want to know more people - go and read the blog post (he he, spiced it up a bit H just to create CURIOSITY!)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ann Marie!! Get your butt to the practice room more often girl! We needed you!

    ReplyDelete