Need structure? Want to find camaraderie? Tired of writing in solitude? Join our virtual office space. At TPR someone is always in the cubicle next to you.

Here's how the practice room works:

First of all, EVERYONE IS WELCOME!

At the given date and time (weekly schedule posted below), meet at post 1. It appears 30 minutes in advance of the hour (barring unusual circumstances), giving us a chance to set our goals in the comments. Declare your goal. Work toward furthering your project; word counting, revision, or whatever it needs - you decide.

Post 2: WE ARE UNPLUGGED! announces our hour. During that time, we write! The rules: no procrastinations. Please feel free to make tea or stand on your head as needed.

When the time is up, Post 3 appears with a chat box and we will get a chance to converse, or you can comment old-style to tell us what you got done! We are dying to know!

Read about a typical first time here. I make the schedule every Sunday. It will remain up in the side bar until I post the next week's schedule (feel free to make requests for particular times in the comments - I take them into serious consideration). All additions will be noted in in the side bar. Come back and check it often. (The schedule times are listed in Eastern Time Zone but the blog posts in Central - Tina's time zone. Our visitors are from all over the map.)

Please email me with questions, comments, or just to introduce yourself! tina dot laurel at gmail dot com

Don't forget to sign the guestbook at the bottom of the page!


Jul 21, 2010

Post 1: Unpluggage Begins 5:00 pm eastern

What will you be working on? Tell us in the comments.

16 comments:

  1. Hi! I'll be trying to get my goal done for the day. I'm about 1,000 words short, so hopefully I'll get 300 - 400.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a country bumpkin twang stuck in my head... so I might not get a lot done on my book today, unless I want my MC to sound like a hillbilly. We shall see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm rooting for you, Krystey. For me it will be cutting words from my 30,000 I cut about 200 this morning, maybe I can do a lot more???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess who's finally here!! Woo-hoo! I had a bout with the flu on Sunday, but now I'm back (and have some revising to catch up on!) Anyone wanna make this practice room competitive? Who wants to challenge me? Who can produce the most words this hour?? (okay, it's sad, really, what I do to try to pump out the words, but if it works, then who is to judge??) And, you all know that I love you guys. :) It's in a good spirit, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Marisa, maybe you can add in a special faery??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather!!!! Yay! Missed you.

    I bet ya I can cut more words than you can write!@!%$&*

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Hidey-ho, there, Sleeping Beauty. I'm a-comin' to grant your wishes."

    That's my "special" faery. He has a piece of straw sticking out of his mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, everybody!
    I'm just starting a new chapter, and I'm not exactly sure what needs to be in it. (It's a problem of: in what order should I present this information and how to carefully plant clues and red herrings.) My goal is to write a goodly part of a chapter that doesn't go off in the wrong direction!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, archaic words just pop out of my mouth all the time. I like to think I'm keeping the English language alive for my text-crazy students. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Between Marisa's twang, and Dianne's medieval times, we are going to have a rockin' chat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh and can someone wrangle my cats? they are loving lounging on my keyboard right now...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need a child wrangler. Not sure how much work he's going to let me do here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We need an overall wearing wish faery to wrangle them cats(and kids)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ready set go!!! Write delete and arrange in goodly ways!

    ReplyDelete