Need structure? Want to find camaraderie? Tired of writing in solitude? Join our virtual office space. At TPR someone is always in the cubicle next to you.

Here's how the practice room works:

First of all, EVERYONE IS WELCOME!

At the given date and time (weekly schedule posted below), meet at post 1. It appears 30 minutes in advance of the hour (barring unusual circumstances), giving us a chance to set our goals in the comments. Declare your goal. Work toward furthering your project; word counting, revision, or whatever it needs - you decide.

Post 2: WE ARE UNPLUGGED! announces our hour. During that time, we write! The rules: no procrastinations. Please feel free to make tea or stand on your head as needed.

When the time is up, Post 3 appears with a chat box and we will get a chance to converse, or you can comment old-style to tell us what you got done! We are dying to know!

Read about a typical first time here. I make the schedule every Sunday. It will remain up in the side bar until I post the next week's schedule (feel free to make requests for particular times in the comments - I take them into serious consideration). All additions will be noted in in the side bar. Come back and check it often. (The schedule times are listed in Eastern Time Zone but the blog posts in Central - Tina's time zone. Our visitors are from all over the map.)

Please email me with questions, comments, or just to introduce yourself! tina dot laurel at gmail dot com

Don't forget to sign the guestbook at the bottom of the page!


Aug 11, 2011

Post 1: Unplug will begin @ 2:00pm est

Welcome! Please let me know what you are working on for the hour! I'm so glad you're here.

15 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm going to take a break from my current WIP and re-read my other MS and possibly work on that for a few days to recharge... so. I hope to reconvene, but my house is filled with kids and husband and I might end up getting distracted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here. I'll try to write a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marisa--I'm in the same boat. I even have extra kids here, and we just got back from swimming, and I told them I would be "in a meeting". So they are supposed to go build their fort and leave me be. :) We'll see how that works!

    I am working on world building and plot point strengthening. I might even use some of the links here: http://www.vrml.k12.la.us/cc/vp_gle/2nd/more/graphic_organizers.htm

    just for fun (and for figuring stuff out)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm here. Between HGTV and the bubbles in my head, we'll see how much writing I get in. The goal is 600.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was here this morning and I'm back for more. Not feeling as motivated this time, though, so we'll see how it goes. Happy writing, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, all! I wasn't sure if I could make it, since the family's all here. But I'm going to work on some revisions and stop by for the chat, if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello everyone! I'm going through the Curse at Zala Manor file for the second time, but am reading all the text this time, not just deleting the page numbers and headers and hyphens in divided words in the right margin. We're getting it ready to be formatted as an eBook.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, J, Anna, Dianne, and Lynn! Great crowd! Make sure to @ people in the chat roll box so we can sort out the chat!! Woo-hoo, we're almost ready to write.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynn--this is old school. No chat box until the writing is done at 3. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lyn, the chat room will appear at 3pm est - don't forget to refresh the page.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I AM HERE. Yes, I have a ton of editing to do. Here I go... My goal is to get maybe 100 pages read and marked in an hour.

    ReplyDelete